24 July, 2011

Day 4 | Dia 4

Today we went to Santa Brigida to watch students in a soccer tournament.  It was fun to watch their passion for the game.  We performed a drama called "The Reason" and one of our team members Mike Smith gave a description of the drama and an invitation to the students to come to Jesus.
Then we split up and some of us went to the business lunch.  First Rob Allen spoke, then Keith Dease and then me (Mike Marino) closed.  We told of our testimonies and how God has used us in our business.  My fun was starting off by teaching two english words to them to use the next time the Americans come to town...Hey Y'all.
However, my highlight of the night, was seeing the 16 year old young teenager (Renata) that we had gone to her house and shared Christ with for over 2 hours on Friday walk through the church doors for the Sunday night service at Central Baptist Church in Paulo Afonso.  I had to give my testimony after that in front of the church but I was so excited about Renata being there I forgot to be nervous.
It was a great day serving Jesus with my team today!

:: Mike Marino


---------------------------------------------------------- - - -


Hey this is Keith,

What an awesome day!!!
After the drama, we were surrounded by kids asking us all kinds of questions, while Steve did his juggle act, at one time picking up (2) kids, I was learning & playing a new game of Volleyball called ( 1, 2, 3 ).   The kids of Santa Brigida were full of smiles & laughter.
The Business Event went great. Very personal testimonies from all about the Christian Principles used in their everyday work life.
Back in Paulo Afonso the Central Baptist church was our next event, and what
event it was...  The sing was very moving and to our surprise, Victor (VidaNova Volunteer from Belo Horizonte) on our team plays the Saxophone. I was invited by the Welcome Team from Central Baptist to service with them tonight, so I brought it Hiberina style... I meet the people at the road and walked them right into the church, and of course I waved at anyone that drove by!!!!  
That's all for now.

ChrisTfirst,
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment